Your security is our primary concern, so we take every measure to verify that you are you! So, if we ask you for a copy of your ID, don’t worry. We’re just making sure we’re opening an account for the right person.
Here’s what to know about uploading your ID
If you are asked to verify your identity, we’ll need you to securely upload one of the following documents. Make sure to upload a picture of the front and back of your ID and that the address matches the one you entered when you signed up.
- Driver’s license
- State-issued ID
- Government-issued ID
To ensure your review isn’t delayed, make sure that the document you upload matches our requirements:
- Address must match what you used to sign up with Ellevest
- Upload a picture of both the front and back of your ID
- IDs must be valid, fully visible, not blurred. and without any glare
Note: If your ID doesn’t have your matching address, you’ll also need to upload an additional document so we can verify your address:
- W2 (dated from the past 2 years)
- Bank statement (PDF dated within last 60 days)
- Utility bill (PDF dated within last 60 days)
Still have questions? Please reach out to our Client Support team.