According to the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the 2020 federal poverty income level for an individual living in most states is $12,760. We apply our estimated long-term inflation rate to this figure to determine what the poverty income level might be in the year you retire.
Articles in this section
- How can I invest for retirement with Ellevest?
- Can I do a back door Roth or an IRA conversion?
- How do you factor in inflation and social security into my Retirement goal?
- What factors go into my Retirement goal?
- How do you determine my retirement projection?
- How do I know what type of retirement account I have?
- How do I know what type of IRA I have?
- How does Ellevest determine whether I should open a traditional or Roth IRA?
- How much can I contribute to my IRA?
- How can I see how much I’ve contributed to my Ellevest IRAs?