According to the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the 2020 federal poverty income level for an individual living in most states is $12,760. We apply our estimated long-term inflation rate to this figure to determine what the poverty income level might be in the year you retire.
Articles in this section
- How do you determine my retirement projection?
- How do I know what type of retirement account I have?
- How do I know what type of IRA I have?
- How does Ellevest determine whether I should open a traditional or Roth IRA?
- How much can I contribute to my IRA?
- How can I see how much I’ve contributed to my Ellevest IRAs?
- SEP IRAs
- How to Find Your Investment Fees in your 401k/403b
- How accurate does my IRA balance need to be and how are you using this value?
- How do I edit my outside retirement accounts in Ellevest Digital, Premium or membership?