Yes, you can make deposits to an Ellevest IRA account while your IRA transfer is in process, as long you have linked a checking or savings account already. However, the IRS places a limit on yearly contributions to IRA accounts, so double check your year-to-date contributions before initiating anything! You can read more about contribution limits here.
Articles in this section
- What is the IRA transfer process?
- How does the ACATS transfer work for IRAs?
- What if my current IRA provider doesn’t support electronic transfers?
- What if my current IRA or investment account provider isn’t listed?
- What fees or taxes are associated with an IRA transfer?
- What happens if I entered the wrong information for my IRA transfer?
- How long does an IRA transfer to Ellevest take?
- Why do you need to know if I receive current advice on my IRA?
- Can I transfer multiple IRAs?
- If I have a “Rollover IRA” or a “Rollover Roth IRA”- can I transfer that account to Ellevest?