Yes, you can make deposits to an Ellevest IRA account while your IRA transfer is in process, as long you have linked a checking or savings account already. However, the IRS places a limit on yearly contributions to IRA accounts, so double check your year-to-date contributions before initiating anything! You can read more about contribution limits here.
Articles in this section
- What instructions do I need to call my 401(k)/403(b) provider?
- How does the ACATS transfer work for IRAs?
- What are the benefits of an ACATS Transfer?
- How much can I contribute to my IRA?
- What if my current IRA provider doesn’t support electronic transfers?
- Can I make deposits to my Ellevest IRA while the transfer is in process?
- How do I add a beneficiary for my Ellevest Digital or Premium IRA account?
- What if my current IRA provider isn’t listed?
- What happens if I entered the wrong information for my IRA transfer?
- If I have a “Rollover IRA” or a “Rollover Roth IRA”- can I transfer that account to Ellevest?