Rebalancing is making buy and sell transactions to bring your portfolio back in line with your target portfolio. At Ellevest Digital/Premium/membership, we rebalance only when your portfolio has drifted meaningfully from your target portfolio, due to market fluctuations, or to invest cashflows such as your monthly deposits and/or dividend distributions. We may also rebalance your portfolio as our recommended asset allocations change over time.
Articles in this section
- Investing risk and rebalancing
- How do you calculate my performance forecast?
- What are my earnings?
- Where do I find more information on the funds that Ellevest has selected?
- How can I adjust my portfolio?
- What does a 70% likelihood of reaching your goal mean?
- What does on track/off track mean?
- Why don’t you compare your portfolios to market performance, as I’ve seen other companies do?
- What is rebalancing and how often do you do it?
- Why do I see cash and securities outside my goals?